Chinese I and II are available to Columbia high school students through the 2009-2010
Missouri Virtual Instruction Program (MoVIP).
Columbia Friends of China is offering two scholarships to qualified students for
these online courses. Each student will receive $325, the cost per
semester course. Apply for a scholarship now through September 15, 2009.
Informational Flier to Print/Post/Share (click here)
- Must attend a certified Mid-Missouri School
- Must be in one of the grades 9 through 12
- Must have a grade point average of 2.5 or above
- Must submit a required application on time (on or before September 15, 2009)
- Must have a sincere interest in learning Chinese
To apply, follow the instructions below:
- Download and save the form to your desktop
(right click here and do a "save as").
- Either print the form and fill it out in ink. Then scan it and save it as a .pdf file or open in MS Word and replace underlines with your information and save back to your computer.
- Compose both of the requested addendums (see form items I and II), and save each of these two documents as a .doc file (also .txt or .rtf files are acceptable).).
- Include these three files as attachments in an eMail to: Herdem@missouri.edu with the “MoVIP Application” in the Subject line.
For questions, please contact Mary Jo Herde at: Herdm@missouri.edu